A bit more live-fire testing showed an occasional failure-to-feed problem. So it was back to the bench for some more work. The round (Black Bullets 200gr SWC) would hang up on the ramp or at the chamber.
This time around I got the barrel fit properly and did a better job with the hood fit. I had made enough progress before the debacle with the barrel that correcting it was all I needed before initial range testing.
I’ve fallen a little behind in documenting progress because I’m having so much fun seeing the pistol start to look like a pistol! With some help from a friend, I have the slide cocking serrations cut. And after alot of filing I have the ejector fit to the slide.